Sales and marketing drive business success, and having a strong marketing message when key sales opportunities arise translates into accelerated business growth. The problem: Not knowing what to say in the moment that a key sales opportunity arises.
Top 10 Key Marketing Opportunities Lost or Underutilized
- Business mission statement.
- Description of business services.
- Elevator speech opportunity.
- Elevator speech follow-up
- Networking opportunity.
- Opportunity to acquire the first client interview.
- Low risk introductory offer.
- Conducting the first client interview.
- Client upsell opportunities
- Client de-briefing (review value, get testimonial, get referrals)
Knowing What to Say Helps You Seize the Moment
Imagine, if you knew what to say in these instances, how this would help you maximize these opportunities and increase your business. Create and master template messages for each of the above marketing opportunities.
Regularly review your key marketing messages:
Many things change over time:
- The market
- Your business
- Your own interests
- The relevance of your products and services
A new business should review these key messages every 6 months. An established business should review these key messages at least once each year.